Specializing in unique event spaces in San Diego since 2003
We know you are just bored out of your brains with the dull ballroom or cheesy themed restaurant for your events.
If you are hosting an event and really want to impress your guests with an event hosted with an eclectic backdrop such as an old bakery or trucking warehouse, then we can source that for you.
We connect event planners with unique event spaces.
We are addicted and fascinated with historic urban spaces and hosting cool events in them.
For the past 7 years we have been brokering commercial and industrial spaces to event planners in the downtown San Diego area.
We also own and produce our own events including, THREAD Show and always host them in very unique spaces. It’s this event that has connected us with interesting people and spaces along the way.
So, now we have created a portfolio of these spaces that can also be used for your event too.
We also know every tiny detail of what it takes to host an event in a unique space and can help you plan and coordinate your event in these and other spaces.
WHAT WE DO FOR VENUE OWNERS
- We can fill your space short term while it sits empty and as you look for long term tenants
- We have successfully represented industrial & unique spaces in San Diego and helped building owners fill them with consistent corporate and private event bookings.
- We focus on handling every detail, such as site visits, contract negotiations, all interactions with the client and more.
- Our goal is to represent your venue and to provide a turnkey solution to your empty building by handling all marketing and client relations, so you don’t have to.
For 20 % of the total venue rental amount we will bring you signed contracts with payment only using the following methods:
- Advertising and Promotions – your venue will be advertised and represented using various traditional and non-traditional methods including social media, printed flyers and brochures, networking events
- Site Visit: I will conduct all site visits necessary to close the contract
- Client Communication: Lara Matthews will manage all communication with client prior to signing contract via email, face-to-face meetings, and phone.
Contract – I will issue you with a prepared, signed contract from client.
- Payment – I will collect and distribute the venue rental fee to you along with a monthly statement of use and commission rates paid. 50% deposit will be collected using a credit card upon signing of contract. The final 50% will be collected 30 days before event.
For 30% we will take care of everything from site visit to clean up. All you need to do is provide us with a key to the venue and we will send you a check and copies of all permits and insurance before the event. That’s it! The Production Package includes: Broker Package plus:
- Conduct All Site Visits – Provide thorough site visits for renters and vendors to view space
- Collect Insurance Policy – Secured with your venue name as additional named insured and required liability amounts shown for set up days and event days.
- Collect copies of all permits – All event permits will be secured from the city in advance of each event: Event Permit / Fire Permit / Alcohol Permit / Health & Safety / Insurance
- Vendor List – Manage a limited number of preferred vendors who are familiar with the venue and its workings.
- On site contact – Be present at all events to ensure smooth running ad safety of venue during the event.
- Final Walk through – Ensure the building was left as it was found and put straight any outstanding items (painting of walls, removal of trash and left items etc)
WHAT WE DO FOR EVENT PLANNERS
Bored out of your brains with hosting events at hotels and conference centers? Call Me, I know TONS of off beat venues that are approved for events.
As a fellow event planner I have spent 8 years hosting my own event, www.threadshow.com in more than six cities in the US and UK. Needless to say I have seen and come to know many unique venues.
We will save you hours of time locating and securing a unique venue for your group. Many of our venues cannot be found online as they are private and unique
We work with private venue owners to present their spaces for events, and we also help event planners coordinate and execute their events.
Our detailed knowledge of each event space and 14 years of event planning and production will ensure your intimate cocktail party; reception or seminar will run without a hitch.
We provide all interested renters with:
- Conduct 1 – 2 full site visits per event
- Meet preferred vendors at venue if required
- Comprehensive Venue details – Plans, Photos, Rates, Terms etc
- Detailed Floor Plan for their planning purposes
- Step by Step assistance on what it takes to do an event at this venue
- Contract preparation – See Attached Contract
- Collect payment with check made payable to your venue
- Arrange for vendors to provide service at each event
- Provide Check list of additional elements and vendors required for their event:
Cleaning & Trash
Sound & Lighting
DJ’s & Entertainment
And more where necessary